Search:
San Francisco, California 94111
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
+1 415 828 1451
info@argcs.com

Legion of Honor

A gift from Alma de Bretteville Spreckels, the Legion of Honor is a replica of the French Pavilion at the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition, itself a three-quarter-scale version of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur in Paris, France. At the close of the exposition, the French government granted Spreckels

Read More

Noble Chapel

Noble Chapel is thought to be the first building designed by T. Patterson Ross, an architect of notable significance in the Bay Area who designed over 200 building over the course of his career. The most notable and recognized of those buildings include the Sing Chong and Sing Fat buildings

Read More

Garfield Monument

The Garfield Monument, erected in 1884, dignifies a prominent knoll at the east entrance of Golden Gate Park adjacent to the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers. The base of the structure is composed of monolithic granite stones supporting a central polished granite shaft surmounted by a life-size statue of President

Read More

Stanford University Pavers

ARG Conservation Services was retained by Stanford University to restore the masonry elements of Memorial Court and its surrounding arcades on Stanford’s campus. This was a multi-phase project that addresses several elements of the historic Memorial Court. Foremost among the repairs is replacement-in-kind of the damaged cast stone pavers. This

Read More

Elks Club Balcony

Designed by architects Frederick H. Meyer and Albin R. Johnson, the Elks Lodge #3 was completed in 1924. The terra cotta clad Spanish-Gothic style building contained a swimming pool, ballroom, pool hall, and multiple floors of rooms for visiting Elks and unmarried male members. Due to the eventual deterioration of

Read More

Carmel Monastery of Our Lady and Saint Therese

A gift from the Sullivan family, construction of the Carmel Monastery of Our Lady and Saint Therese was completed in 1931. The large monastic structure consists of four, multi-story wings; the north, east and west are rectangular in plan, and the south is ell shaped. The chapel is contained in

Read More

Buena Vista Winery

When Boisset Family Estates purchased the Buena Vista Winery in 2011, they took responsibility for a major landmark in American viticulture and California history. Built in 1857 by the renaissance man and self-styled “Count” Agosthon Haraszthy, the Buena Vista Winery is a state and national landmark, and a premier stop

Read More

The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is a landmark building on Nob Hill dating to 1909. The building was originally designed by Napoleon LeBrun and Sons to be the Pacific Coast headquarters of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. After subsequent additions, the building reopened in 1991 as the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. The U-shaped building

Read More

Hoover Tower

Constructed between 1939 and 1941, the 285-foot tall Hoover Tower is the tallest building on Stanford University’s campus and stands as one of its most prominent landmarks. Built to house the Herbert Hoover Library of War and Peace, the building is a steel frame structure encased in concrete with concrete

Read More

Calvary Presbyterian Church – Exterior Sandstone

Calvary Presbyterian Church was dedicated on January 14, 1855, in San Francisco’s Financial District. In 1869, a larger sanctuary was built for the congregation in Union Square, now the lobby of the St. Francis hotel. This church was disassem-bled and rebuilt at its current location in Pacific Heights in 1904.

Read More

Temelec Hall

Temelec Hall is a historic mansion in Sonoma, California built in 1858 by Captain Granville P. Swift, the great nephew of American folk hero, David Boone. The main structure, built in the Greek Revival Style, is three stories in height and was constructed with locally quarried sandstone. At the first

Read More

Pacific Biological Laboratories

ARG Conservation Services was contracted to stabilize and selectively reconstruct broken elements of the specimen tanks located in the rear of Ed Rickett’s Lab at 800 Cannery Row, Monterey, California. Built in 1937, the property, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is the former laboratory and

Read More