Search:
San Francisco, California 94111
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
+1 415 828 1451
info@argcs.com

UCSF Toland Hall

The History of Medicine in California murals were commissioned in 1935 as part of the Works Progress Administration (WPA). Construction of the mural began in 1936 and was finished in 1940. The murals were executed by muralist Bernard Zakheim and his assistant, Phyllis Wrightson, in the true fresco technique. In

Read More

Legion of Honor

A gift from Alma de Bretteville Spreckels, the Legion of Honor is a replica of the French Pavilion at the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition, itself a three-quarter-scale version of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur in Paris, France. At the close of the exposition, the French government granted Spreckels

Read More

Noble Chapel

Noble Chapel is thought to be the first building designed by T. Patterson Ross, an architect of notable significance in the Bay Area who designed over 200 building over the course of his career. The most notable and recognized of those buildings include the Sing Chong and Sing Fat buildings

Read More

Garfield Monument

The Garfield Monument, erected in 1884, dignifies a prominent knoll at the east entrance of Golden Gate Park adjacent to the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers. The base of the structure is composed of monolithic granite stones supporting a central polished granite shaft surmounted by a life-size statue of President

Read More

Stanford University Pavers

ARG Conservation Services was retained by Stanford University to restore the masonry elements of Memorial Court and its surrounding arcades on Stanford’s campus. This was a multi-phase project that addresses several elements of the historic Memorial Court. Foremost among the repairs is replacement-in-kind of the damaged cast stone pavers. This

Read More

de la Montanya Monument

The de la Montanya Monument was constructed in 1909 to house the family’s remains. The monument is an ornate, elaborate structure carved from soft Colusa sandstone. Subjected to multiple earthquakes and years of deferred maintenance, the structure had become unsafe and the monument was temporarily shored and enclosed with scaffolding. Functioning

Read More

Elks Club Balcony

Designed by architects Frederick H. Meyer and Albin R. Johnson, the Elks Lodge #3 was completed in 1924. The terra cotta clad Spanish-Gothic style building contained a swimming pool, ballroom, pool hall, and multiple floors of rooms for visiting Elks and unmarried male members. Due to the eventual deterioration of

Read More

Columbia Masonic Hall

Occupying the same lot as the 1855 Lodge building it is modeled on, the Columbia Masonic Hall is an authentic reproduction of the Gold Rush era structure used by Columbia [Masonic] Lodge No. 28. The original building was torn down in 1890 after miners had depleted the town’s nearby gold

Read More

Carmel Monastery of Our Lady and Saint Therese

A gift from the Sullivan family, construction of the Carmel Monastery of Our Lady and Saint Therese was completed in 1931. The large monastic structure consists of four, multi-story wings; the north, east and west are rectangular in plan, and the south is ell shaped. The chapel is contained in

Read More

Buena Vista Winery

When Boisset Family Estates purchased the Buena Vista Winery in 2011, they took responsibility for a major landmark in American viticulture and California history. Built in 1857 by the renaissance man and self-styled “Count” Agosthon Haraszthy, the Buena Vista Winery is a state and national landmark, and a premier stop

Read More

Brotherhood of Man

The “Brotherhood of Man” by Anthony Stellon, was a gift from May Joseph Alioto to the City of San Francisco and was originally installed at the Martin Luther King Jr. swimming pool in the Bayview Hunters Point District. The mosaic was removed during pool renovations in 1996. The entire was

Read More

Mills Building

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, the Mills Building is one of San Francisco’s architectural gems. Located at 220 Montgomery Street in the financial district, the Mills Building sports a decorative façade of terra cotta, brick and marble with intricately carved designs. Built in 1890, it

Read More